Uninstall BitTorrent on Windows OS
- Click on the Start button located at the bottom left hand side of your screen.
- Click Settings.
- Click Control Panel. (In Windows 10, type, "control panel" after clicking at the bottom left and then press "enter")
- Double click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Locate BitTorrent on the list, and click it once.
- Click on the button labeled Remove.
- Click Yes when prompted to remove to program.
- Close the Add/Remove Program window.
- Close the Control Panel window.
- Double click on the My Computer icon located on the desktop. (If this icon is not located on the desk top it can be located by clicking on the start button)
- Double click on the icon that represents your hard drive. (Generally the icon is represented as C:)
- Double click on the Programs Folder. (With some versions of windows in may be necessary, after opening the programs folder, to click the prompt Show contents of this folder or show all files.)
- Right-click on the folder labeled BitTorrent.
- Left click "delete".
- When asked if you are sure that you want to remove the folder click yes.
BitTorrent is now uninstalled.
Windows instructions presented with the consent, authorization, and courtesy of Idaho State University's Help Desk.
Uninstall BitTorrent on Mac OS
For Macs, simply remove the BitTorrent application from your computer as you would any other application, and it will no longer run in the background.