Guidance for Provisioning
Guidance for Deprovisioning
ITS (via email@example.com) only does emergency requests for deprovisioning if there is an imminent threat of law breaking or already evidence of law breaking. Emergency requests are NOT performed as a way to simplify off-boarding because in reality, they complicate off-boarding. Requesting immediate accounts termination is not a normal separation. The loss of access will include deletion of accounts and system accesses which normally persist after leaving, which may result in data loss. This change is intended to be permanent. No UVA access is ever expected to be provided to the affected person in the future.
If you think that the user's data (e.g., files, voicemail, email) will be needed after the person is off-boarded, please contact Records and Information Management. Their webpage on the release of electronically stored information is also recommended.
We also recommend you review and follow ITS information about leaving UVA.
- Accounts Provisioning and Deprovisioning Standard
- Acceptable Use of University Information Technology Resources (IRM-002)
- Information Security of University Technology Resources (IRM-004)
- IT Checklist for Leaving UVA
- Offboarding for Managers
- Records and Information Management Release of Electronically Stored Information